Star Wars books have come out left, right and centre for over forty years. Since the dumping of Star Wars legends, new books have tied up with the television shows by expanding further on existing characters. With the Ahsoka series now upon us, being a spiritual sequel to Star Wars Rebels, we thought it would be fun to put together a list of books that tie into both shows. A big shoutout goes out to SlashFilm since their list is a big part of this article.
Now, we’re going to allow comics as many storylines have come in from certain canon comic series. Also, the books listed are in no certain order. Where necessary, we’ll give a little background.
Star Wars Books
- New Dawn by John Jackson Miller – an introduction to Hera Syndulla and Kanan Jarrus.
- Servant of the Empire series by Jason Fry – a crash course into Zare Leonis’ quest to find his missing sister.
- Ahsoka by – E.K. Johnston – Ahsoka Tano’s adventures after she leaves the Jedi and continued survival after the Order 66.
- Alphabet Squadron trilogy – features Hera as she struggles to raise her young son, Jacen, questioning whether she’s a good mother for leaving him so often.
- (canon) Thrawn Trilogy by Timothy Zahn – an exploriation into Grand Admiral Thrawn during certain time periods in canon material.
- BONUS: (legends) Thrawn Trilogy by Timothy Zahn – the original introduction of Thrawn.
Ahsoka And Star Wars Rebels Related Comics
- Kanan comics – Marvel comics.
- Doctor Aphra comic series – titular bounty hunter has a run in with Hera Syndulla after the events of Star Wars Rebels.
- Star Wars Rebels magazine comics – this was one we debated putting on this because they’re hard to access – but the comics in the Rebels magazine had stories that feature Ahsoka, Hera and Sabine before the end of the Star Wars Rebels, filling in interactions we didn’t see onscreen.