Denmark is about to get a new Crown Prince in Prince Christian of Denmark, which is why we’re going to look into who his godparents are.
Prince Christian of Denmark’s godparents were made public at the time of his christening in January 2006.
There is a mix of commoners and royals in the mix for these godparents, and it is good to see the masses coming together to celebrate the birth of a child who will one day become the king of a country in which they were born.
Prince Christian Of Denmark’s Godparents
The royal and commoner godparents of Prince Christian include:
- Jane Stephens – older sister of the prince’s mother, Mary (his maternal aunt)
- Prince Joachim of Denmark – younger brother of his father (his paternal uncle)
- Pavlos, Crown Prince of Greece – his father’s cousin via Queen Anne-Marie of Greece, Queen Margrethe II’s sister
- Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden – the Godmother of Europe
- Mette-Merit, Crown Princess of Norway
- Haakon, Crown Prince of Norway
- Jeppe Handwerk (family friend)
- Hamish Campbell (family friend)
Having some of the godparents being other royals is not unusual. Prince Christian is godfather to his second cousin, Prince Gustav Albrecht, the son of his father’s cousin, Prince Gustav. Furthermore, having Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden as a godmother is rather unique as she has a ton of godchildren. Mary, Christian’s mother, is a godmother to Victoria’s daughter, Princess Estelle and is a partial namesake to the preteen future Queen of Sweden.